|Zucchini/squash fresh off the grill|
It's easy, quick and in the middle of a hot summer it doesn't heat up your house. Although if I'm not firing up the grill I can easily do this in a grill pan as well.
Ingredients2-4 small zucchini or small yellow squash (I generally use half of each for the appearance.)
1-2 tbsp olive oil (just enough to brush both sides of the squash)
1-2 tbsp Mac Brothers Seafood Rub (to taste)
- Preheat grill (or grill pan) to medium high
- Scrub zucchini/squash thoroughly
- Slice lengthwise into approx. 1/4 inch thin slices
- Brush sliced squash on both sides with olive oil
- Sprinkle both sides liberally with seafood rub
- Put on grill and cook for approximately four minutes, until starting to soften. You should see grill marks starting to appear on the underside of the slices
Zucchini/squash right after putting on the grill (I sometimes use grill mats as seen in picture)
- Flip slices over and grill another few minutes until done (This is subjective. I like them a bit less done and my wife likes them starting to char a bit.)
After turning the zucchini
- Take off grill and enjoy!