|Instant Hot Chocolate Mix - topped with homemade maple whipped cream and caramel sauce|
How does it taste? I'll let my son do the honors, and this is a direct quote from him when he tasted it the first time, "Holy crap Dad - this stuff is REALLY good.". An eloquent man of few words, my son.
He then had two more cups.
That's how I always know that I have a winner.
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 2 cups vanilla sugar (plain sugar is just fine - vanilla sugar will simply give a bit of extra flavor)
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa (I use the dark chocolate cocoa - whatever you prefer will work)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice (optional)
|This is a 32 oz jar. You can see this recipe makes enough to fill |
the jar. If you'd like more it can easily be doubled (or tripled!).
- Pour all ingredients into a food processor
- Blend until mixture is the consistency of fine powder (you can skip this step and simply mix by hand, but it will dissolve better if you take the time to do it)
- Top with whipped cream or mini-marshmallows
To serve: Stir two or three tablespoons of the hot chocolate mixture (depending upon taste) into a mug of hot water. If you prefer an even creamier consistency, you can add hot milk instead of water.