|Homemade Frozen Butterbeer!|
If you've read the books (or been there) you know what it is. If not, I'm going to tell you how to make a reasonable facsimile at home. Since you'll have the the recipe and know how to make it, you'll never have to go through that cruel withdrawal process like I did!
- 2 liter bottle of cream soda
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 jar of butterscotch ice cream topping
- Fill an ice tray (or muffin tins, or small plastic cups, etc) with the cream soda
- Let freeze until solid (ours took about three hours)
- Remove from freezer and put "cream soda ice" into a blender (it's important to have a blender that will chop ice well)
- How much you use will depend upon how much you want to make at any given time. If you're making enough for one person, three or four cubes may be enough. If it's for a group, the entire tray (and maybe more) will be used
- Add cream soda (unfrozen) to the blender along with some of the butterscotch topping (again, how much you use depends on how many you're making this for AND your tastes. Use more butterscotch if you want it a bit sweeter and more or less soda depending upon how thick you want it)
For the topping
|Butterbeer in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter|
- Just before you're ready to start the blending process above, make the topping
- Beat the heavy cream until it's just starting to thicken. You don't want it as thick as whipped cream - you want it to be more the consistency of beer foam
- Add a bit of the butterscotch topping as you're beating the cream. Again, how much will depend entirely upon your taste. I would start out with just a little to get a light butterscotch flavor and add more if you want it sweeter (I didn't measure, but I'm guessing I used between 1/4 and a 1/3 cup).
Pour the frozen butterbeer into a cup and top with the whipped cream.
You can drink it with or without a straw. If you don't use the straw, it will give you a nice 'stache just like at the park!