Labels

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Baked Cod with a Lemon/Garlic/Parsley Breading

Can you trust a non-seafood eater with making seafood?


Today is Father's Day and I wanted a steak.  Not just any steak, but a BIG RIBEYE steak.  Unfortunately, that's not what my son and wife wanted.  They wanted seafood, so being the nice guy that I am, I had them choose and made them what they wanted.  The wife had lobster and the son chose cod.

Well, according to my son and my wife, this was good stuff.  I can't really tell you since I don't eat anything that swims but I know they love it so I don't mind cooking it.

Since I don't eat it I don't have many recipes up my sleeve for seafood and had to resort to getting a basic idea of what to do - then let my own thoughts take over from there.  You be the judge!

Baked Cod with a Lemon/Garlic/Parsley Breading

1 1/2 cups plain breadcrumbs (I make breadcrumbs frequently from old bread to have on hand when needed, but store-bought would work just fine)
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 lemon, zest of
4 (6 -8 ounce) cod fish fillets
garlic infused olive oil (if you don't have infused oil, plain oil will work)
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 400°F 

Line your pan with aluminum foil and lightly brush with olive oil, or use a bit of cooking spray.

Combine parsley, garlic and lemon zest on the cutting board. Finely chop, then combine with the breadcrumbs in a pie plate.

Rinse the cod filets with water and pat dry.  

Dip filets into milk.  

Press filets into the crumb mixture (both sides).  

Spray (or lightly drizzle) filets with garlic infused olive oil on both sides (you can use any kind of infused oil you'd like or plain olive oil if you prefer).   

Place fillets in baking dish.  Bake until firm, about 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. 

Serve with lemon wedges.

That's it - pretty simple.  Like I said, I can't vouch for it since I don't eat it but it made the other two pretty happy and a dad can't ask for much more than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment